Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Past - Present - Future


·  Imagine that you have the opportunity to travel back through time. At what point in history would you like to stop and why? (Swarthmore)


Travel back through time is a one time chance in a life. Nobody can just get that lucky opportunity. If I had a chance to go back in time, I would definitely choose the time period when my country “Vietnam” got its independence. By choosing that time period, I would have more opportunity to make my country becomes better, and I, myself would write my own history. Since this is an opportunity which is impossible to achieve lying in my hand now. I feel like it is going to be a big challenge in my entire life, because it is an only opportunity. In addition, I would have a chance to make my country become better. Not to forget to mention that I would have to write down my own history. Finally, I want to prove a theory which was said by a famous scientist (sorry, but I don’t know his name) that “if someone goes back to the past and changes one particular event, that event which person changes will also change the future.” 

It would be a difficult decision to choose what time period that I would want to go to, because it will be the only opportunity in my life to change history. Actually, in the beginning, I would not know what time period I would have chosen first, but I got to know the financial problems, and the corruptions in the government of Vietnam. A love of a citizen for a country will not let any opportunities which make his or her country become better. It is same for me; my heart is toward my country. With the knowledge and wisdom that I learned in school and experience from life, it would be a helpful manual going with me to the past.

I want to make history in a way that everyone will remember me. I saw from the history textbook that there were many heroes, leaders, scientist, etc. I had a wish that one day, the students whom study in the high school would learn about me, about my life, etc. I can not stop thinking about it because it is one of the motivations make me desperately want to go back to the past.

Lastly, I want to see how the theory of the scientist works. I know that it is a risk to change the past, because I do not know what might happen when I come back to my time period. If I do not take the risk my name will not be in the history. I have to go on with the decision. 

From my point of view, whatever I do have some meaning, and I will not turn back with my words. Every action, I am going to take will be my choice and I do not care what others think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment